Monmouth County Real Estate Lawyer
Why Poulos LoPiccolo PC?
We understand that buying or selling your property is one of the biggest financial transactions and decisions you will make in your life. Our experienced Monmouth County real estate lawyers have represented lenders, buyers and sellers in all aspects of residential and commercial real estate transactions and any issue that may arise from it. Buying and selling a home can be stressful and we seek to reduce the stress associated with the real estate transaction by seamlessly handling all aspects of the transaction while continuously keeping the client aware of the status of each stage of the transaction.
Who We Represent
We represent banks, purchasers and sellers in both New York and New Jersey.
For our banking institutions, we handle CEMAs, EMAs, coops, condo closings and purchases throughout New York and the Hamptons. Our team reviews and clears title issues, prepares CEMAs and EMAs, 255 Affidavits and obtains any Certificates of Good Standing needed to close the transaction.
To protect your best interests, we recommend that you retain an attorney when purchasing or selling your home. We will provide you with a team including a lawyer and paralegal who will be with you every step of the way to help answer any of your questions throughout the process. Our team will:
- Provide you with a “3-day” right of review of the Contract of Sale for NJ purchases;
- Draft or revise the Contract of Sale and prepare the amendatory rider to protect your interests;
- Assist you with the home inspection process including termite, septic, and well testing to ensure you are aware of any potential issues that can affect the integrity of the home you are purchasing;
- Conduct a detailed review of the title report, flood search and the survey;
- Prepare you for the final walk through of the property;
- Attend the closing to make sure you understand each and every document you are signing, that the proper amount of funds are exchanged under the contract and that all of your interests are fully protected.
Fees and Other Closing Costs
Poulos LoPiccolo’s fees will vary based on the type of transaction and the location of the closing. Nonetheless, our fees will be disclosed to you prior to engaging our firm to represent you during the sale or purchase of your home. However, what many sellers and buyers fail to take into account are the closing fees associated with selling or buying a property. Many sellers and buyers are so focused on the purchase price of the home, that they forget to account for other fees such as title search fees, inspection fees, survey fees, transfer taxes, mortgage taxes and other fees that a seller or purchaser may be required to pay depending on the type of property (residential home, coop or condo) and the location of the property. But knowing all fees as far in advance as possible will help all parties prepare accordingly which in turn assists in facilitating a smooth closing. And maybe even more importantly, it will assist buyers in assessing how much they can afford in purchasing their property.
NJ Real Estate Lawyers Serving Ocean, Monmouth & Middlesex County
If you have any questions regarding closing costs or any other questions regarding a potential sale or purchase of a property, do not hesitate to contact us. All consultations are FREE!