Shareholder / Co-Founder
O: (732) 757-0165
D: (732) 837-3433
F: (732) 358-0180
T: (800) 757-2304
E: [email protected]
Specializing in real estate and class actions. Prior to co-founding Poulos LoPiccolo PC, John N. Poulos was an associate with the prestigious Manhattan law firm of Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP, recently ranked #1 in the United States in the American Lawyer’s A-List 2011 – 13. Mr. Poulos worked at Hughes Hubbard for nearly 15 years where he was a paralegal, managing attorney’s clerk and then an associate for 10 years. He represents lending institutions, buyers and sellers in residential and commercial real estate transactions in both New Jersey and New York. He handles CEMAs, EMAs, 1031 Exchanges, FHA, VA, and short sale transactions. Mr. Poulos is also a member of the Litigation Department, concentrating on a broad variety of complex litigation. Mr. Poulos has also been selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers Magazine, “Rising Stars” for 2009 and 2010 for commercial litigation and construction law and selected as a Super Lawyer for 2019. Representative matters for Mr. Poulos are as follows:
- Co-Lead counsel in In Re: Electrolux Home Produces Ice Maker Cases, Master Docket 12:cv-003341-NLH-AMD.
- Co-Lead Counsel in Caruso v. Work Out World, MID-L-3112-13.
- Co-Lead Counsel in Ardino v. Retrofitness, et al., 14-cv-01567.
- Lead Counsel in Smerling v. Medispa of Shrewsbury, et al, Docket No. MID-L-6340-13.
- Co-Lead Counsel in Miller v. Chrysler Group, LLC, Civil Action No. 12-760-PGS-DEA.
- Defending a large pharmaceutical manufacturer in personal injury, class action and multi-district litigation involving the company’s top selling arthritis drug where he worked on the regulatory team, affirmative discovery team and managed thousands of cases. Mr. Poulos and his team were responsible for dismissing hundreds of cases by drafting and filing motions to dismiss;
- Defending a large pharmaceutical manufacturer in individual and class action lawsuits involving the company’s popular osteoporosis drug;
- Representing the SIPA Trustee in the liquidation of Lehman Brothers, Inc., the largest broker-dealer liquidation in history, where he led various teams and collected nearly $60 million dollars due to failed trades in DVP/RVP accounts; and
- Representing one of the largest interior general construction contractors in NY, including second chairing arbitration and obtaining an award of close to $1 million related to the renovation of a NYC community center and successfully defending against numerous mechanics lien foreclosure actions and settling nearly $10 million dollars’ worth of construction litigation claims.
- Defense of an electronics manufacturer in the defense of a putative class action where class certification was denied.
- Representation of First Republic Bank in real estate matters
- Representation of SOFI bank in Real Estate matters
- Representation of Webster Bank in real estate matters
- Representation of PNC Bank in real estate matters
- Closing of $10.5 MM condominium unit, Manhattan in 2017
- Closing of $10.5 MM condominium unit, Manhattan 2018
- Closed over 750 real estate transactional matters in New Jersey and New York from 2013 through 2018
- Closed numerous commercial deals in New Jersey ranging from $500l to $3.8MM
Mr. Poulos is a 2001 Brooklyn Law School graduate where he was a Richardson Scholar and received his undergraduate degree from New York University in 1997. Mr. Poulos has also been selected for inclusion in the New Jersey Super Lawyers Magazine, “Rising Stars” for 2009 and 2010 for commercial litigation and construction law.
- New Jersey 2001
- New York, 2002
- United States Supreme Court
- United States District Court of New Jersey
- United States District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York
- Contract arbitrator for contract disputes, appointed by Judge David F. Bauman of the New Jersey Superior Court, Monmouth County.
- Member, New Jersey Bar Association
- Member, Monmouth Bar Association
- Appointed Member to By-Laws and Special Civil Part Committees, Monmouth Bar Association
- Member, New Jersey Association for Justice